iPhone 14 Pro Max Not Connecting To Bluetooth? Fix!
Is your iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth? Was the Bluetooth on your iPhone 14 Pro Max working fine and now it won’t even show an available connection? Is your iPhone 14 Pro Max having Bluetooth pairing issues? Will your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth not even switch on? Here are some suggestions and tricks that you can use to fix your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth connectivity issues.
Note: information in this article apply to iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Plus, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
If your iPhone 14 Pro Max won’t connect to Bluetooth , there are a number of ways to fix it. You should first make sure Bluetooth is turned on and try connecting your device in the Bluetooth settings. If your iPhone 14 Pro Max still won’t connect to Bluetooth , you can try forgetting the Bluetooth device, updating your iOS software, resetting your network settings, or resetting your iPhone entirely.
Without further delay, here are the step-by-step instructions to fix the problem of iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth issue:
Use these steps to fix iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and Airplane Mode is turned off on your iPhone 14 Pro Max. You can check this quickly by sliding down the Control Center panel from the top right corner of the screen and checking the buttons along the top.
- Make sure the Bluetooth device you’re connecting to your iPhone 14 Pro Max (e.g. your Bluetooth headsets, fitness tracker, or whatever else) has enough battery charge and is turned on.
- Make sure the devices are in range. In general, Bluetooth devices need to be within at least 20 feet of each other to connect well. If your iPhone 14 Pro Max won’t find Bluetooth devices, try bringing both devices closer together.
If none of those help, we can move on to some other troubleshooting tips.
Turn Bluetooth Off and Restart Your iPhone
If you can’t get your iPhone 14 Pro Max paired with your Bluetooth device–or if iPhone isn’t finding Bluetooth devices at all–the old “turn it off and back on again” advice applies, with a bit of a twist thrown in. Restart Bluetooth using the following steps:
- Turn off the Bluetooth device you’re trying to pair.
- Turn off Bluetooth on your iPhone from Control Center, or by going to Settings > Bluetooth and turning the “Bluetooth” slider off.
- Force restart your iPhone 14 Pro Max. To do this, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo on your screen.
- When your iPhone 14 Pro Max has restarted, turn Bluetooth back on.
Turn your Bluetooth device back on and try pairing it with your iPhone 14 Pro Max.
Most of the time, this technique should solve pairing difficulties.
If you have more than one iOS device available, even if you have to borrow it from a family member, friend, classmate, or coworker, try using it to connect to your Bluetooth accessory. If it works, the problem is with your iPhone 14 Pro Max and you’ll need to keep on troubleshooting.
If a family member, friend, classmate, or coworker has the same Bluetooth accessory as you, it’s worth checking to see if their’s will work with your iPhone 14 Pro Max as well. If it doesn’t work, the problem might be with your Bluetooth accessory and you should either take it back (if you can exchange it) or contact the manufacturer for assistance (if you can’t exchange it).
If it works, we’re back to troubleshooting your device and you’re back to reading.
Have iPhone Forget Your Bluetooth Device and then Pair It Again
If you’re having trouble with a device that you have paired with successfully in the past, you can try “forgetting” the device and pairing it again from scratch.
- Go to Settings and tap “Bluetooth.”
- Tap the “i” button next to the device you’re having problems connecting to.
- Tap the “Forget This Device” button.
- Confirm that you want to forget the device.
- And now that your iPhone has forgotten the device, you can try pairing it again.
Apple’s Bluetooth stack—the set of software that controls the radio—isn’t without its occasional quirks. Sometimes brand new versions of iOS introduce compatibility problems and sometimes they fix them. If you’re having Bluetooth connectivity problems on your iPhone 14 Pro Max, however, you’re better off upgrading than not. If it’s already broke, the update is your chance for a fix.
To download and install iOS updates, go to Settings > General > software update. Once you’re done updating, try to connect again. If it works, awesome. If not, move on to the next solution.
Reset Your Network Settings
If you are still experiencing problem of iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth, you can also have iOS reset all your network settings. Resetting is a pain in the butt but if something has gone wrong with the way your iPhone 14 Pro Max connects to Bluetooth devices, sometimes the pain can be healing.
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset and tap “Reset Network Settings.”
Please note:this will reset all your network settings. All Bluetooth pairings and Wi-Fi networks will be removed, including any VPNs you have set up. You’ll have to reconnect to every Wi-Fi and Bluetooth device you own or use, but once you’re done, see if your accessory starts to work. If it does, it was all worth it. If not, let’s keep going.
Factory reset your iPhone
If you are still experiencing problem of your iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth, you may need to perform a rather dramatic step. Perform a full factory reset or restore a backup from iTunes. Obviously, this option requires some preparation and will take a little time. The factory reset option will restore your iPhone to a like-new condition, erasing all your personal settings, apps, and data. Restoring from a backup means you’ll have to have made a backup from which to restore in the first place.
Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
iPhone 14 Pro Max won’t connect to Bluetooth – may be Hardware issue?
If nothing else here has fixed your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth issues, your phone may actually have a hardware problem. Contact Apple to discuss repair options. Before doing that, it’s a good idea to check your Apple warranty status online.
iPhone 14 Pro Max not connecting to Bluetooth: Fixed!
While it’s never fun to troubleshoot, hopefully these tips and tricks will help get your iPhone 14 Pro Max Bluetooth connection back to working condition. If you had an iPhone 14 Pro Max that you couldn’t connect to your favorite Bluetooth accessory or your car’s infotainment system, and one of the above fixes worked for you, let me know! If something else worked, let me know that as well!